Saturday, September 19, 2009

Back in the Game

It's fall, and it's time for the beginning of YMCA SOCCER!
Last night we had our first practice. Brock was so very excited to go to soccer. He's been wanting to go for a couple weeks now and would get upset with me when I told him I couldn't take him! The kids had a great practice. I did my "soccer mom" duties and successfully signed all families up for game snacks. After practice Coach Carol handed out the new jerseys. This season we are sporting a very nice green. I had prepared Brock ahead of time that he might get a new number this season. He doesn't always deal with change nicely!! He has moved up a couple spots from his old number '9' to new lucky number '7'.
We had our first game this morning! Brock did great! This season the team is playing in the 5-6 age bracket. Brock is over a year younger than most of the other kids. While in height he doesn't appear any younger (if not older) than the other kids, you can certainly tell the difference when they play. There is a certain amount of focus, concept and determination that really grow from year to year. Brock received many compliments on his improvements over last season, but we still have a ways to go to catch up with all these older kids! He was fantastic though, and I'm SUPER proud of him!







(Love this pic...but see what I mean about focus? hehe!)

No comments: