90 minutes of Yoga he said...Heck yeah! I can do that! I danced for nearly 18 years of my life. I played tennis throughout junior high, high school and some college. Up until my pregnancies, I worked out and did step aerobics and kickboxing regularly! No problem!
John told me my first goal was to just STAY IN THE ROOM. I sort of chuckled, but knew he probably was telling me the truth, so I prepared myself for that. I'll just stay in the room. I'll do as much as I can and just hang in there till the end.
He also told me to bring a frozen water bottle...because it's HOT in there! Ok, so I'm not the biggest fan of heat, but I can hang. It's only 90 minutes.
Can anyone tell where I'm going here?
Well, let's set the stage for Lori's introduction to yoga!
I arrive ready for this! I check in, grab my mat, and my non-frozen water bottle (it's at least cool), my towel and head into the room.
HOLY COW!!! Ok, there's HOT, and there's ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE DEGREES WITH HUMIDITY!!!!!
Ok, Ok, Ok...just 90 minutes. You ready? Let's go through the 26 poses and I'll let you know how I ranked...
- Up again Lori!!! You can do this!! Arms crossed - well, the sweat dripping off me like I've NEVER experienced before made this a little tricky. Ok, dizziness back...ok, nauseous...time to lay back down!!!!
- yeah, didn't see this pose...I did see the back of my eyelids
- back up again! I can do it!! OK, MAYBE NOT!
- um, let's pretend I at least observed this one.
- still too nauesous to stand up
- the girl next to me totally rocked this pose!
- nope, don't remember it!
- my leg can do that?????
- who knew lying on your stomach when you're hot, dizzy and queasy can actually make you feel WORSE!
- sorry, not moving from this position
- just BREATHE! Who knew breathing could actually be exhausting?!?!?!?!