Monday, September 7, 2009

Through the Rear View Mirror

It's been a rough day, but even on our hardest days, God reminds us that He is here. Today I saw that reminder looking through my rear view mirror.
I was heading home this afternoon with the kids in the back seat. Those who know Brock & Aubree know that Brock isn't necessarily the affectionate big brother many thought he would be. However, Aubree thinks her big brother is THE BEST!
Aubree was pretty fussy and I thought a blanket might calm her down. The only blanket in the car happened to be Brock's Thomas the Train blanket. I asked Brock if Aubree could use his blanket. He politely said "sure". I put the blanket on Aubree and she quieted down almost immediately. I'm catching glimpses through the rear view mirrow and as her thumb goes in her mouth, she looks over at her big brother and grins. He looks at her and smiles back. They stay there, eyes locked, smiling at each other for probably a good 5 seconds. It must have been contagious because this mommy got a huge smile on her face. Thank you God for these two precious children.
I would love to have that picture, but it will have to be remembered in my ever-failing memory, and through this blog. :-) (I'll use a stock photo for the post!)

No comments: