Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to everyone!
We shocked ourselves and did not travel for Thanksgiving this year. While we were sad not to spend it with our loved ones, we had a nice Thanksgiving day ourselves. Tom's sister, Jenna, joined us which made it even more special. I was ready to have turkey sandwiches but since I'm married to a pretty classy chef, we had a bit more traditional meal.

Thanksgiving was not without it's seemingly annual illness. Last year Brock spent Thanksgiving at my dad's house with a bad stomach bug. This year, Aubree had the strangest rash I've ever seen. It covered the right side of her body, under her arm. It never really spread so I didn't worry too much about it. It did however, follow (probably unrelated) with a terribly runny nose, cough and mild fever. The poor baby was coughing so much she made herself throw up.
We made it through, and manged to decorate the house in the process. I look back and think about the past year. I'm so thankful for two (most of the time) healthy kids. A WONDERFUL husband who I love very much, and so much family that we can't even make all the rounds for the thanksgiving holidays!

Thanksgiving Naps...the funny thing here is Brock is sleeping on me...who is also sleeping on the couch! Tom was the one taking these pictures...and normally HE is the one napping!

Thanksgiving Pool

And Thanksgiving Beer. Um, you noticed something wrong here, didn't you? Well, one of Aubree's newest tricks is sneaking into the pantry, opening the lid on the garbage can...and picking out an item! Ewww, right? Well, sometime on Thanksgiving day, she went in, grabbed this beer bottle, and walked all the way back to the kids' little table to begin "drinking" it. It was quite funny!

No comments: