Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Five...



Five Years. Five years used to be a long time. It was almost a whole elementary era. It is longer than I was ever in Junior High, High School, or College. The key word though, is "used". It USED to be a long time. Not anymore. The past five years have flown by. I'm talking Lightening McQueen, Speed Racer, To Infinity and Beyond SPEED! How in God's good world can by baby boy be FIVE????? I'll admit I've already gotten teary eyed just thinking about Kindergarten. (Yes, I'm going to be one of THOSE moms.)

Brock has learned his birthday and we've been counting down the days. He doesn't get his birthday party until Saturday, 2/20, so I couldn't let my boy be disappointed when the 16th got here and there was no fun celebrations! We woke him up singing "Happy Birthday" and surprised him with his new bicycle! A BIG BOY BIKE!

Mommy took the afternoon off and we had a Brock/Mommy date. We went to see the Princess and the Frog (which was great!) and then we went to Target to pick out a bike helmet.
Upon our arrival home, this Mommy tried something only a Daddy should try! Assemble the bike! The directions may as well been in Portuguese. What in the world is a clamp bolt?!?! And, after screwing one pedal in quite successfully, I nearly threw the other pedal through a window or wall! (That probably wouldn't have helped the house selling process!) I had texted Tom that he may need to get a new bike on the way home (as this one might be damaged to pieces) but he arrived home in time to pick up the pedal from across the room, and say "oh, it's a reverse thread" and screw the darn thing in! Um, hello! Has anyone ever heard, "tighty righty, lefty loosey"???? There was no tighty lefty where I came from!!!
The rest of the night was spent playing with friends, trying out the new bike (of which we need a little practice) and enjoying each other!

Happy Birthday my dear Brock! Daddy and I love you so very very much! This is going to be a big and exciting year for you!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness, he is already five?!?! Happy Birthday, Brock! Wow, I'm starting to feel old. :) Hope it was a wonderful day and I hope the party is great this weekend!