Wednesday, March 10, 2010

God is GREAT!

"Don't worry about anything. Instead, tell God about everything Ask and pray. Give thanks to him." Phillippians 4:6


I'm hesitant to post this, but it will be interesting to read back through this time of my life one day. Yesterday was a beautiful day and everything just seemed to fall into place. On Monday, however, it was rainy, cold, and quite dismal. It was also the day I read this verse and dropped my head. The burden of trying to sell a house for over a year (with two small kids and working full time, plus more) with not so much as a nibble has worn me down more than I ever imagined. Head dropped, right in front of my computer at work, I spoke to God with my heart and told Him I have to give Him this burden. I can't do it anymore. I'm frustrated beyond belief. I want to spend my evenings reading to my kids, not picking up the house and making sure everything is in place again for a possible showing (or NOT) tomorrow! I'm TIRED! I'm WORN DOWN! I want to focus on my family. My faith. Myself. Not cleaning my house. I have so many wonderful things in my life I'm thankful for. Let me enjoy them.

Maybe an hour later....I got a phone call. There was an offer coming in. PRAISE THE LORD! (even though it was not exactly what we wanted or need) We met with our realtor that evening. We countered. Yesterday...the beautiful day, remember? The realtors went back and forth a couple times and then, all of a sudden, there was a VERBAL AGREEMENT by both parties!
In the meantime, I'm telling a friend about this and the question comes up: "what are you going to do next?" My first thought was "panic!" Instead, "worry about nothing...tell God about everything. Ask and Pray."
Thirty minutes later, an "interim" house landed in my lap. A house we'd never even dream of living in. A house that is also on the market, in a much different client base than ours. If it sells, we'll obviously have to figure something else out, but for the time being, it's a BLESSING from above. And a MOST GENEROUS offer from a very special family.
We signed the contract last night. It was at the title company this morning. Inspection is tomorrow. Tentative close date is April 15. This is happening so fast, and so perfectly, I can't help but guard myself a bit. But I know that GOD IS GREAT, and He will provide.

5 comments:

E said...

So excited for you and your family! What a blessing. I'll be praying everything goes well with the rest of the process.

You're so right, God is so good and gives us just what we need.

Dustin B said...

That is so awesome! It's always nice when His time frame finally matches up with ours. We were the exact same way when trying to sell our house, & it makes you wonder--is it because we are at the end of our rope that God betters our situation or is it because we wait until we get to that point before we turn it over to God. Either way, I know that it's truly a blessing for you & your family. God bless!

Sara said...

So, so cool Lori! You're going to be so glad you recorded this memory... :)
I hope everything goes incredibly smooth over the next several weeks! Keep the updates posted!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

YAY! I was just coming on here to check and see if there were any updates and to email you and ask about the house! And here it is! I'm so happy for y'all! Can't wait to see pics of the new casita!

Kristen said...

Congratulations, that is so exciting! I know everything is moving very quickly, but I know you'll handle it all with such ease. :) Yay!