Monday, December 13, 2010

Who "Nose"...

4:53pm - Daycare calls: "Aubree has a rock or something stuck up her nose. We're going to try to get her to blow it out. We'll call you right back."

4:55pm - Daycare called back: "We can't get her to blow out, she's only sucking air into her nose. And we don't think it's a rock. It's perfectly white and perfectly round."

4:56pm - knowing the pediatrician's office is about to close, I call and get their advice without having seen this for myself yet. Pediatric Nurse: "If you get to her and can see it up her nose, take her to the Emergency Room. You don't want to get it stuck up their further in attempts to get it out."

5:05pm - Got to daycare. White "rock" is plain as day in her right nostril. But it looks soooooo close to the end of her nose, surely I can get this out without a trip to the ER. After a few attempts of squeezing her nose above the "rock", her teacher tells me she has tweezers. Sure this isn't the safest thing, but if you saw it, you'd surely think you could get it too.

5:10ish pm - "ROCK" has been extracted, thanks to Ms. Candis!!!!! Mommy is saved a trip to the ER!


Who only "nose" what two-year olds think, but apparently Aubree thought the Mr. Potato Head part would look even BETTER on her head. So, up the nose it went! I'm not sure if it broke off once in her nose, or if she had managed to break it before going in. Either way, I was not expecting to see what I saw come out! But we did put it in a Ziploc and keep it for a souvenir.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I knew you were super mommy!