Friday, March 13, 2009

Sittin' Pretty

SEVEN MONTHS! Every month I ask the same question: "It's ALREADY been ____(Seven) months???? AND...it's ONLY been _____(Seven) months????" The answer to both questions is: YES!
Our little Aubree Paige is seven months and has some pretty big news to share. She can SIT all by her big girl self!! Today was her last day in Nursery 1 at school. Next week she moves up to Nursery 2. I remember when Brock was this age, I couldn't wait for him to make the jump to the next classroom! I always wanted him just one more step ahead.

Not only are my kids completely different, but my parenting seems to be slightly different too! I DON'T WANT her to move up! I DON'T WANT her to grow up! I DON'T WANT her to be so close to a whole year old!! I want to hang on to her babyhood and cherish it for as long as I can! I don't feel I cherished her first few months in this world because they were hard. VERY HARD. She is still a much harder baby than Brock ever was, but she's also happier now. And when Aubree is happy, everyone else can be happy too! Unless God has other plans, she is our last. Considering I just about gasp when I think my baby boy is FOUR, I know all too well that these days fly by way too fast.

1 comment:

Sara said...

hehehe...I had to laugh a bit to myself when I read "Unless God has other plans..." because that's exactly the thought we had until roughly 3 months ago! :) Amazing how His plans become your plans in an instant... :)
Aubree is just precious - and I love that picture of her!! We seriously need to get our kids together sometime. How's the house hunt coming along?