Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 - The Start of a New Decade

I've never been one to really celebrate New Years all that much. The typical fireworks around the neighborhood, a party if we're invited, and staying up until the clock strikes midnight to say Happy New Year is about all we ever do. This year I was lying in bed, listening to what sounded like a war zone go off in our neighborhood. A thought struck me. A decade was over...and what a Wondrous decade it was!

In the past ten years, I:
* Purchased my very first car - a 2001 Black Dodge Durango (2001)
* Graduated from Texas A&M University (2001)
* Started my first full-time job at USAA (2001)
* Married my wonderful husband! (2002)
* Experienced my FIRST EVER White Christmas in Texas!!! (2004)
* Bought our very first house (2004)
* Welcomed our little Brock Austin into the world - becoming a mommy for the first time! (2005)
* Became an aunt for the first time - to my niece Avery Claire (2007)
* Welcomed our little Aubree Paige into the world - and becoming a mother of two! (2008)
* Welcomed my first nephew into the world (2009)
* Traveled to a few new states (Georgia, South Carolina, Nevada, Pennsylvania)
* Traveled to Todos Santos/Cabo, Mexico!
* Went through both parents divorces (not exactly a highlight, but definitely significant)
* Bought more cameras, computers and phones than I care to admit.
* Started this blog so I can actually remember the next 10 years!

It doesn't seem possible that the next decade can hold as many monumental adventures, but let's hold on and see what's in store!

My resolution (attempts) for 2010...
LOVE
more

PRAY
more

LISTEN
harder

and

practice PATIENCE


Happy New Year to all!

No comments: