Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Shoes

Our little princess pulled a good one today.

This morning as I put on her shoes, she fussed a little. I took off the shoe and checked to make sure there wasn't anything inside that would bother her. Everything looked ok so I put the shoe back on. She walked around the kitchen and we went out to get into the car and drive to school.
At school, I took her out of her car seat and carried her inside. Once inside, I put her on the floor so I could sign Brock into his class. She started limping. Then, she wouldn't put any weight at all onto her left foot. I took the shoe off again, checking the shoe and her foot. Everything appeared ok...again. The shoe went back on and she still refused to put any weight on it. I took them off and wanted to see if she would walk without the shoes. She was initially timid, but then started running around.
I guess we won't be wearing the shoes anymore!

Sure, kids outgrow shoes. Sure, sometimes parents don't always know it before the kids "tell" us. But now, the Aubree-factor. The child is fine in the morning when I could have swapped out her shoes for another pair at home. However, the princess decides she wants a new pair of shoes and to do that, we need to be as far from the house as possible. So the noble servant goes to get her Highness a new pair of shoes and drops them off at school at lunch.

Oh, Aubree...

No comments: