Saturday, August 9, 2008

3 more days...

Today is Saturday, August 9th. (Happy Birthday Kristen!)

I'm officially off work. If you don't know, I work on a team with 9 other men. No women...just me. I was often asked if I was looking forward to my "vacation". For those of you who are parents, you know that these 12 weeks will not be a vacation. In fact, saving my vacation time to use during these weeks off for a vacation that is not really a vacation is just wrong! Nevertheless, I'm done. The nursery is 99.9% complete. All baby must-haves are ready and now we're playing the waiting game. I had 3 hours of pretty strong contractions in the wee hours of Friday morning, but they just stopped. This little girl is teasing me. Whoever WAS born yesterday, on 8/8/08...has a pretty cool birthday.


We think Brock is ready...or as ready as a 3 1/2 year old can be. I know his life is going to change dramatically. He is totally NOT spoiled...yeah right. We ask him if he's ready for his sister to get here. The normal answer is yes. There are times though, when out of the blue, he'll say something like: Aubree is not going to play with my bubble blower. I just chuckle and tell him ok. When she's old enough to play with a bubble blower, chances are he won't really care. I've asked him if he's going to give her hugs and kisses when he gets here. "No, mommy give her hugs and kisses". Wish us all luck...especially Brock. I'm very anxious to see how this all goes.


Tom says he's ready to see his little girl and hold her tiny hands and feet. Wait...she's OUR daughter...no tiny feet there! Not with her mom's size 10 feet, and her dad's size 15 feet. Even Brock seems to be routinely 2-3 sizes larger than the rest of the kids in his class at school. Nevertheless, I don't think Tom knows exactly what is in store for him. As a long time running Daddy's girl, I know there is a special bond between a daughter and her daddy. I can't wait to see this bond root and grow. I imagine it won't be long before she has him wrapped around her finger...I predict...day 2.


And does anyone need to ask if I'm ready? Nearly 38 weeks pregnant...in TEXAS...in AUGUST? Finally ditch the Tums that have been in arms reach for months now. Be able to go more than 2 hours in between bathroom breaks? Able to SEE my feet...BEND OVER...and more?!?! You get the drift. Some women enjoy being pregnant. I don't enjoy pregnancy. I enjoy the outcome.


Some pics for you to enjoy:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks for the birthday wishes in your post! Like you, I love reading other people's blogs but don't know how great I would be keeping up with one of my own. I'm definitely going to love reading updates about Aubree and the family, though. Just think, only two more days. :)
-Kristen