Monday, August 11, 2008

"I can't believe you haven't gone into labor yet!"

That's what my doctor said at my 11:00 appointment today. I'm 4 cm dilated and apparently doing just fine. She said she would have sent me to the hospital except it's a mad house today. She told me that there is every possibility I could go into labor today/tonight, but if not, we'll be there at 5:45 tomorrow morning. So everyone cross your fingers things stay put until the morning. I was induced with Brock, and frankly, I'm a bit scared to actually go into labor naturally. Ok, so I guess I'm more scared of being too far along for an epidural!!! LOVE those drugs!!!


This morning I began talking to Brock about the baby's arrival. I told him Nana was coming today. She would stay with him while mom & dad go to the doctor tomorrow. The doctor was going to get the baby out of mommy's tummy. Well, I either freaked him out or he completely understands what is in store for him. His response was: "I don't want the baby to come out of mommy's tummy!" (In a very grumpy tone of voice.) I love my son dearly, but this is one thing I'm not willing to give in on. MOMMY wants this baby to come out! :) I've stocked up on some gifts for him from Aubree. Otherwise known as bribery! Like I said before, I'm very interested to see how he adjusts.


A few people have asked more about the nursery...here's the scoop. If you know me, you know I danced for nearly 15 years of my life. How could my little girl have anything BUT a ballerina themed nursery??? The crib skirt and vallance are done in ballerina skirts, the lamps both have toe shoes on them, I made her two quilts with ballerinas and toe shoes, found a twin size quilt with ballerinas on it for the extra bed in her room, and Dede painted 3 lovely pictures to wrap it all up. All it needs is a little ballerina now!
Well, the doctor said this little girl should be here by noon tomorrow...so here's to the last 23 hours of pregnancy! May they FLY BY!!

2 comments:

Nana Paula said...

It's time to let the rest of your cyber world see what some of us have already been fortunate enough to experience... the little miss herself!

I came home with almost 200 pictures of Aubree, but everyone else isn't that lucky!

Love you,
Mom/Nana

Sara said...

I agree with Nana! :)
I hope you're all adjusting well, and that everyone is doing great!