Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh My!

Ok, what do all you seasoned mothers know...and this mother is still learning? You're nothing if you're not FLEXIBLE!!

The big lead up to Santa pictures...well, let's just say I'm only going to be seeing one little Benich on Santa's lap. Apparently Brock cried and cried and ran to the corner when it was time for him to take pictures. I'm truly shocked. With as much as he was looking forward to it, and as well as he's done in the past years, I just can't believe it. Santa comes to my Grandma Dornak's house every year, so maybe we'll get to try again then.

Ok, onto the story I was planning to share today. A little out of order, but I have to share a funny picture about our pumpkin carving experience. Brock was actually afraid of the pumpkin seeds. He made a funny face when I first lifted the top off, leaving the pumpkin seeds to make their first exit. He found it a little easier to deal with once he shot the pumpkin seeds. Yes, shot them. His first trip to deer camp with Dad the weekend prior proved to be quite educational. Now we see deer all over our house. They particularly tend to be seen around the TV, recliner and pool table. Not to worry...Brock will go get his toy rifle and knock them off, one by one. He's a rather good shot. Don't think he's missed one yet. And surprisingly, they don't run off after the first shot. He sometimes gets up to 100 deer at a time! I know, Amazing! While a lot of parents might cringe at the fact that my 3 1/2 year old is playing with a toy rifle and shooting things, it's a fact of life I'm going to have to deal with because one of Tom's passions is hunting and he WILL have his son shooting a deer within the next few years, I'm sure! A lot of you may not remember, but one of Brock's first three words were "Deer". His nursery was also done in the hunting theme...so I guess he is a born & bred hunter!!
Here's the pic of him shooting the pumpkin seeds.


And who needs a random cute picture of Aubree??

No comments: