Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Treaters are Coming!

Happy Halloween to all!


This year was a blast. I can't even begin to describe the joy I felt this year watching Brock. It was by far his favorite Halloween to date. I knew last year, at 2 1/2, he was really understanding the concept of halloween and tick-or-treating...well, this year, he's TOTALLY got it! He loved the idea of dressing up and wearing his cowboy stuff to school Friday. He especially wanted to show Ms. Betty his badge! He came home from school telling me how all the other kids in class dressed up too. That evening, we posed some of the kids on the street together for some adorable pictures. Brock humored his mother and posed pretty well. Aubree on the other hand wasn't the most cooperative kid in the bunch! :) It was still early, so we didn't head out just yet...but as soon as the first trick-or-treater came to the door, Brock went nuts!! "Let's Go!" "Let's go trick-or treating!" "Mom, I need to fill my pumpkin to the top! (with candy)" "Come on, come on, let's go!" He was very excited to truck from door to door and did remarkably well going up to the doors on his own!


Some of our Stargazer Pass kiddos: Brock, Reece, Aubree, Elise, John Patrick

We headed home after a few streets, and Brock continued his enjoyment by handing out candy. I've never seen a kid so excited to GIVE AWAY candy before! He would run to the corner of our sidewalk and look for any trick-or-treaters on their way. As soon as he spotted them, he would get extremely excited and yell "The Treaters are Coming, the treaters are coming!!!" He was a great help passing out the rest of our candy.








Shortly after we ran out of candy, Tom and Brock headed off to Columbus, Texas for the opening weekend of deer season. Their first father/son hunt! I sent a list of picture ideas I wanted them to try taking...if they come home with them, I'll be sure to post!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Awww, sounds fun! Great pics!