Saturday, May 16, 2009

Babies Don't Keep

As I look around my house, I see nearly a dozen toys within 10 feet, dishes at the sink that my wonderful husband will likely do after I have gone to bed, bits of who-knows-what on the floor that needs to be vacuumed before Miss Aubree decides to dispose of them herself, and I refuse to look closely at the end table to see the dust that has made itself a home. Seeing that, I am reminded of a phrase my mom once shared with me.


“Cleaning and scrubbing can wait for tomorrow,
For babies grow up, I’ve learned, to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby, and babies don’t keep.”

--Author Unknown






After a busy morning, our little princess seemed to wear down and is now showing signs that she might be suffering from her second ear infection. We have an appointment on Monday and I'm trying to determine if it's bad enough to go to an emergency clinic or if she can hold out with a steady supply of tylenol and TLC.
For the time being, we're giving her a lot of loving. We went for a walk which she thoroughly enjoyed. (I know this from the absence of screaming.) Brock happily led the way and when both kids are happy...Mommy is happy! Crying resumed once we got home and for the past hour I've been holding a sleeping baby girl in my arms. So, "quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep."

No comments: