Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Texas Kind of Wedding

This weekend we attended my cousin Estella's wedding. Although she and her new hubby call New York home, they ventured down south to say "I Do" in grand ol' Texas Style!
I have never been to a wedding with so many out-of-staters! California, New York, Alabama, Colorado, Louisiana, Hawaii, New Jersey...to name just a FEW! There was even representation from China! All of these people can now say they've been to COLUMBUS, TEXAS! Known, only by a few for it's location on I-10 and most lovingly by Tom of where Deer Camp is!

We had beautiful weather for an outside wedding. Of course, there was the typical South Texas humidity and plenty of the State Bird...Mosquitos!! But it was beautiful. The grounds, at The Pheonix were gorgeous. It was beautifully decorated. And, they say everything is bigger in Texas? Check out these Flowers!





Also in Texas, we all are accustomed to riding horses, right? (NOT!) Well, the Bride and Groom wanted to give their guests a good ol' Texas time by supplying a Mechanical Bull! It's a darn good thing they also supplied alcohol! I'm pretty certain I never did drink enough to get on the bull...but I tried anyways. (The operative word there is TRIED!) Don't be looking for Lori in any future PBR competitions!

The Bride
And, I also must say that our little Princess was a trooper! VERY Little napping all day, and she stayed with us till nearly 10:00! She was quite the sweetheart and even had an admirer! I'm pretty sure Bret's nephew, Dylan liked Aubree more than Brock likes Aubree!

Aubree even showed off her moves - or at least her drawers on the dance floor!


Admiring Great Grandma Dornak's pretty Rose.

No comments: