Friday, July 31, 2009

A New Paradise - Day 1

This past week, Tom and I had the unbelievable experience to travel to Todos Santos, Baja California Sur. Here is the short story: (start laughing, there's no way this will be short!)

Friday, July 24, 2009
Flew out of Austin around 9:30am. After a stop in Houston, we landed in Los Cabos a little after 1. From there, we rented a couple vehicles and started traveling towards Todos Santos. We passed Cabo San Lucas and I must admit, I was a little sad we weren't staying there. It was SOOO beautiful!! We continued on an hour and a half journey through the desert, but generally always in sight of the shoreline. Arriving in Todos Santos, we drove past many small little stores/spots/houses, but nothing looked like a typical Tourist Town in Mexico. It was definitely not your top tourist destination! On the outskirts of Todos Santos, we hit the sand road. Since we were riding in the "Shockless Wonder", it felt like we were driving on washboards! NOT good if you have to pee! Venturing further into what appeared to be no where, we FINALLY came upon a gate. "Santa Cruz". The gate had a guards stand and as we opened it, I saw what I would have traveled DOUBLE to see! PURE PARADISE!




We checked out the grounds and chose our rooms in the house. The house was 2 stories, plus a roof (obviously, I know...but the roof was a hangout all of it's own with a fire pit, table, lounge chairs and bar/stools! Oh yes, there was also a urinal. Totally a man's house!)
There were four bedrooms, each with 1 or 2 balconies (all with great views), and each had it's own bathroom. In the center of the house there was a large fountain that was amusingly used as the dogs' water bowl! The kitchen was equipped with it's own large barrel of tequila. Who doesn't have one of those? The stairs were made of all stained glass tiles. There was an eating area, but the main table and chairs was actually on the back patio. One thing that was quite new to me was the fact that the windows and doors stayed open 24/7! There was no A/C, but it was breezy right off the ocean and I'm sure can get down right cold in non-summer months!
I've just decided there is seriously no way I can keep this recap short. I'm going to chunk it into several posts. :) I hope you return to check out the others.

No comments: