Saturday, April 18, 2009

30 Years

I can't help it. I've had the Tim McGraw song running through my head for days! "In my next 30 years..."
I have lots of plans for my next 30 years, but I also must think back on the first 30 years and realize just how great they truly were!

In my first 30 years...

* I was the first child born to Paula & John Dornak
* I was joined by 2 sisters and a brother
* I made short time friends, and Long-Time friends (you know who you are!!!)
* I've spent 30 Christmases and other holidays with my extended families
* I danced for nearly 18 years
* I graduated in the top 10% at Katy High School
* I graduated (in FOUR years) from Texas A&M University
* I bought my first car (2001 Dodge Durango)
* I got my first (and current) job at USAA in San Antonio
* I married my college sweetheart...I love you Tom!
* We (along with Tom) bought our first house.
* I bought my second car (2002 GMC Yukon)
* We had our first child, Brock Austin Benich
* We had our second child, Aubree Paige Benich
* We put our house up for sale and started looking for a new one!

There is SO much more! There are also the milestones and events you would rather not think back on. However, each event...both good and bad...have shaped me into the person I am today.
As my most surprising birthday present ever...Tom put together a photo book for me. Yes, I was stunned! He who teases and puts up with my photo-book maddness embarked on a photo adventure of his own! I hope you can view it from this link:

My birthday brought me more joy and love than I've felt in a long time! I was dreading turning 30, but feel so blessed to see all the people who thought of me, wished me well, and are here to see me through 30 and beyond!




Loni & Kerri...You totally made my day with the beautiful boquet I received at work!!!




All my facebook friends...THANK YOU FOR ALL THOSE GREAT BIRTHDAY WISHES!!!
And my Loving Husband, Tom...I am posting this from our hotel room while you are getting ice for our Bailey's. :) And there's no place else I'd rather be! You gave me the best 30th birthday trip ever! I love you so much!
(Check back soon for a new post on Trip Details!)

Thank you everyone! Because of you, I might be able to handle this 30-thing!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Yea! Happy Birthday again! Tom did a great job on the book - that last page was the best one! :) It was fun seeing all the pictures!
I hope you've had a fabulous getaway weekend! I look forward to reading your next post about it! :)