Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Yoga...Soccer...SCORE!

Well, I can't possibly entertain some of you as much as I apparently did in the last post! ;) It may have only been funnier if you had witnessed me in person!
Today, though I was tired, worked overtime, and running late, I made it to Bikram Yoga Class #2! I'm SO HAPPY I did!!! I actually managed to get through SEVEN of the poses before taking a brief break! I tried all but about 3 poses, and boy am I terrible!!!!! Well, with this much improvement over day 1...I can only hope that it's only a matter of try, try and try again until I get the hang of this!
In the meantime, we MUST share with you the events of last Friday & Saturday!

Brock went to his very first soccer practice on Friday evening! I don't think I've ever smiled so much in an hour! Brock LOVED every bit of it!!! He is the youngest on the team, and most have a year of experience over him...however, he did great! The coaches had to tell him "no hands" multiple times, and at home the next day, we even tied his hands behind his back that evening and the next morning to practice this small violation of the rules!

All Ready For His First Practice!




Brock was great on game day! The difference in his tendency to use his hands was night & day! Guess he gets that from his mother and her night & day experience with day 1/2 of yoga! ;)
The kids all had equal playing time and I just cracked up nearly the entire game! Some of our returning players are GOOD!!! We blew the other team away. Brock had a few good kicks, but no goals as of his first game. I think one of the very funniest things to watch at this age is that the kids just follow the ball everywhere. Even as the ball goes out of bounds...there go the players! It's too funny!

Let's Play Soccer!!!!







We have games every weekend until 5/30 with the exception of Easter weekend...so if you get the chance to come watch, we'd love to have you!
Two of Brock's First Fan's on a very cold and windy morning!!! Nana & Aubree...THANKS for supporting our little super star!!
Practice and Game again this weekend...wish our little Shooting Star luck!!

No comments: