Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sleep is overrated!

Most of you who read my blog, probably know my friend Kristen. Well, she's tying the knot on Saturday in Atlanta!! Original plans were for Tom, Aubree & I to drive there while Brock stayed at Nana's. If I've learned anything in the past couple months, it's that things don't always go as I had planned! Tom is staying home with the kids and allowing me to have a much needed get away by myself. Seeing as how Aubree isn't the sleeper Brock was as a baby, 18 hours in the car would have been rough on all of us! I fly out in about 3 hours, so my next post will come from a very refreshed momma! I was getting sad thinking about going by myself, but somehow the kids must have known so they decided to make it easier on me. For some reason (is the moon at a strange phase or something???) both kids have had two very difficult nights. Between the two of them, I've had about 9 hours of sleep in the past two days. I'm sure Kristen will be so happy to know her maid of honor is coming this energized! ;)


Aubree was 6 weeks on Tuesday. Both Sunday and Monday nights she slept a stretch of 6 hours at a time, but the past two nights have been a completely different story. Here's hoping she was doing like I said and making it easier to leave...and Tom will have her back into shape by the time I get home. :)


Here are a couple pics from last night. Her midnight bath! My very gracious mother-in-law tells me to call/text at any time. After 3 hours of non stop crying...me included!...this very sleepy mommy had to call in for help. She recommended a warm bath. We did that and another bottle, and by 1:30 Aubree finally decided to give in and go to sleep. Only to wake back up again at 3, and 4! Oh, yes, I do love my little girl dearly.

Brock's BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT! He now gives kisses to his baby sister!!! I knew we'd get there! Just 6 weeks into this. Guess he figured out she's not going anywhere. He better get used to it.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Give a big "CONGRATS" to Kristin from Ryan and me!! I hope you have (had?) a great time...and that the kiddos are so happy to see you when you return! (I'm sure Tom will be...:)
Post some pics of the wedding if you have any - and a free moment or two to put them on here! That was a sweet picture of Brock kissing his sister... :)