Tuesday, September 30, 2008

She Did It!

For those of you who always wondered if Miss Kristen Treibs would ever tie the knot. I'm here to say I proudly watched her walk down the isle, say her vows and marry Mr. Matt Murphy! I couldn't be happier for them. My very best friend has found a most wonderful man. I couldn't have hand picked a better match myself!

The weekend was full of great festivities. The groom's parents hosted a dinner at their house Thursday night. Those of us who returned to the hotel were kicked out of the hotel bar late that night.
Friday began with a fabulous bridesmaids luncheon at the Canoe Restaurant. The grounds were absolutely breathtaking, sitting along side the Chattahoochee River. Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner followed in traditional fashion that night. Saturday morning we got Kristen to the makeup counter, had hair done in the hotel, and shuffled off to the church around 4pm. The wedding was picture perfect. This bridesmaid cried through nearly the entire ceremony. (Yes, probably some left over hormones!)
For the reception, we were bused to Turner Field, home of the Atlanta Braves. The wedding reception was in the 755 club at the stadium. Very cool! I've never been to a wedding reception where you could watch football games on the TVs! Normally, if we're in football season, you can find the gathering of fans in the kitchen huddled around some radio! Kristen & Matt left in an array of sparklers at 1am.
The guests all were bused back to the hotel where many of my age group guests held our own after-party at the hotel pool. For someone who is longing to go to bed at 9pm, I held my own until 3:45! My father made sure we got to the airport on time and had me up at 6am! Ouch!


So, someone over here is very sleepy...but what else is new? I had a great time and sincerely couldn't be prouder to be part of Kristen's fantastic wedding weekend. Now, just have to hide the jealousy of knowing she's relaxing in Costa Rica while this tired momma is continuing the streak of sleepless nights. :)

1 comment:

Sara said...

That's wonderful!! Kristen looked so gorgeous - and you were one hot mama, too! :) I'm glad you had a good weekend...and here's hoping your sweet little ones will let you catch up on some missed sleep!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!