Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm still here...

I'm still here...although, sometimes I think...just barely! Then I remember to just hold on because this is life. A very wild and crazy ride. These days I feel as if I'm stuck in the HOV lane, going 100 miles per hour with no on or off ramps and someone on my tail. Just gotta keep on going!

I'm not sure I could catch you up on all the happenings in the last couple weeks. What I can say is they have been very challenging. Trying to juggle 50-hour work weeks, Tom back at work, motherhood, house selling, and birthday party planning have me just worn out!
Work is going really well and I see opportunities opening all around me. Although, each opportunity also comes with more responsibility. More responsibility somehow comes with more hours. Funny how those things work out.
Tom started back to work this week and the kids will begin school on Monday.
The kids are wonderful and as active as ever. Aubree still refuses to walk which both excites me and saddens me.
Our house has been shown several times within the past few weeks. I'm still very skeptical of a sale because the sellers of the other house like ours in the neighborhood must be desperate. They've dropped their price over $30k from ours! Since we don't HAVE to move, we aren't dropping ours. We'll just see what happens. Unfortunately, a lot of the house showings have been in the evenings when all I want to do is come home!
And to wrap everything up, Aubree's FIRST birthday party is Saturday! This once VERY organized and prompt Lori is now scrambling to even make a to-do list! Thankfully I have lots of family coming in tomorrow to help me get everything organized and I know it will be great. After all, Aubree won't remember it.

I feel as if I'm just rambling. Next post will likely be something a bit more exciting, and a bit less "get-it-off-my-chest".

For all you other working moms out there, let me know what your tips for success are! ;)

1 comment:

Sara said...

Shoot, I'm not a working mom anymore, and I still don't feel like I'm anywhere close to being on top of things! You're doing a great job, Lori!! :) I'm excited to see pics and hear about Aubree's first birthday party this weekend!
I do hope things slow down a bit for y'all soon... it's hard to keep the 100mph pace for too long!!