Monday, December 15, 2008

4 months!

My baby girl is FOUR MONTHS OLD!! I'm so torn with her. On one hand, I wish I could go back and hold on to the baby-ness of it all for just a bit longer, seeing as how this is most likely our last. On the other hand, I don't think I could re-live the first three months!! She is of course a blessing from God...but a very challenging blessing!

She passed her 4 month exam with flying colors. We may have another brainiac on our hands. She's exactly where she needs to be developmentally and her extra special talent is that she can almost fit her entire fist into her mouth!! Believe me, she'll manage to squeeze the whole darn thing in one day! She's a determined little thing and doesn't give up. Just keeps trying and trying, knowing one day she'll find victory. I told her she better hurry before she cuts any teeth because they might make it harder to fit the fist in! ;)

Her stats from the checkup (versus Brock's stats at 4 months):
26 inches (Brock - 25 ¾)
15lbs, 5 ozs (Brock - 14lbs, 9oz)
She’s in the 97th percentile in height (go figure) and 75th percentile in weight. That one actually surprised me! I thought she’d be off the charts. ;)
She’s staying on zantax for reflux. Turns out that could have been a contributor to the first three months of fussiness & colic! Wish I’d known that the first month!!!

She smiles and talks all the time. She is so happy that sometimes I wonder if it's the same baby! While the thought of the Christmas "Tour of Texas" doesn't thrill me, I do know that we're going to have a wonderful time this year. Four more days and counting!


No comments: