Sunday, December 28, 2008

ROUND 1 - Graduation

We made it! We are home from our Holiday Tour of Texas!

First of all, let me wish Everyone a Very Merry Christmas! I hope your Christmas was full of love, happiness, new memories, and recollection of cherished old memories too!

We had a wonderful vacation and thoroughly enjoyed visiting with so many of our family members! There were actually very few that were missing from each gathering this year! At the same time, it's very good to be home! Tom and I have spent the past three days trying to regain some order to our house after unpacking from the holiday adventure!!
It's hard to try to re-cap such an eventful seven days, but I'll try! Here goes! To try to keep each post at a manageable size...I'll divide them up! Happy Reading!

Round 1: Friday 12/19 - Graduation!
We celebrated Tom and Jenna's Graduations!
Tom graduated with his Masters from UTSA. He did it in just a year and a half and with a 4.0!!!!
Once he takes his Principal Certification Exam he will be a fully certified Principal! Look out Kids...here comes Principal Benich!
Jenna graduated with her undergrad in History from Texas State. She is contemplating Grad school as her next stop.


Brock really enjoyed the cake! He wanted Darth Vader's face! Therefore, we ended up with a black tongue!!!



Aubree just wanted to show off her tongue! ;)



I am so proud of Tom! He worked hard throughout the program and now has given himself a next step in his teaching career. I also must say I'm proud of myself! Through his entire degree, I was working full time. Through 3/4 of his degree, I was a pregnant mom of a 3 year old and still working full time. And through the final semester, I was a new mother again, on maternity leave, with a 3 1/2 year old and a newborn...who by the way had colic and reflux!! It was NOT easy. I had my bad days. But look where we are now! Tom was very successful, and now it's time to focus on us again. And on our family! I love you babe!

No comments: