Monday, January 19, 2009

The Forever Rose...

Ok, so no relationship is perfect, and Tom and I have had a few hard times...but lately, I feel like a newlywed again and I LOVE IT! :)
Before our date to the Spurs game this week, Tom brought me a rose. One look at this rose and anyone else would think it was the most lame, junior high crush, velvet covered fake rose. Well, that fake rose melted my heart.

When Tom and I first started dating, he picked me up at my apartment in College Station and handed me a fake, plastic, long-stem, pink rose. I thought "ok, talk about a broke college student"! As he handed it to me, he said that it was a forever rose..."like our love, it would never die". Looking back now, that was a pretty bold statement at the time, as we hadn't been dating too long. However, it was VERY romantic! The caveat to that story is later that night (or in the next few weeks...I can't quite remember), he told me that when he bought it at Kroger's, he didn't realize it was fake! I didn't care...to come up with a story/statement about it being a forever rose still captivated this love-struck girl! I kept that rose for a very long time. I really think I still have it somewhere...but about 4 moves later, I can't tell you where.
So when Tom came home with another "forever rose", it meant THE WORLD to me! It was incredibly thoughtful, loving and still very romantic!

(Also, it was quite coincidental (or is Tom really that good??? haha!) that he gave me this rose just one week and one day prior to the 10 year anniversary of the original rose!! The picture above was taken on 1/22/99 and was the first day we said "I Love You"!)

I LOVE YOU BABY!

1 comment:

Sara said...

OK, everyone, on Three...
One...
Two...
Three...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

I think I need to throw up now because of all the sweetness! :) I'm kidding - that's a precious memory!
Love the pic of you guys...