Monday, June 1, 2009

Four Times The Fun!

Wow...what a weekend we had! I'm not sure we could have fit anything else in!

Dad, Eydie and Kyle drove into town on Friday. We started Saturday off with Brock's soccer game at 8AM! He did pretty good and we enjoyed having more fans to watch our little Shooting Star!



After soccer we packed our bags and headed to Cuero for the remainder of the weekend.

My sister, Meredith, is a Junior at CHS and the Co-Captain of the '08-'09 Trotters Dance Team. She also made Captain for her Senior Year!! YEA MERE!! Saturday night was their Spring Show. I wasn't entirely sure how the kiddos would do. I figured we could bribe Brock enough to sit semi-still during the show. Aubree, on the other hand...I didn't know what we were going to do with Her Highness. Dressed in no other than a bright yellow tutu, floral top and bow (for a while, at least), our little ballerina princess LOVED the show! She's going to be my dancer after all! She was absolutely captivated at the costumes (but only the good ones...the dull ones couldn't hold her attention), loved the music, and was only fussy between dances!
Meredith did GREAT!! Sprained foot and all! We are SO proud of her and can't wait to see all her accomplishments next year!


Tom headed off to Houston at this point to help his Mom transfer various items (washer/bed/etc) around the greater Houston area. Brock decided to take the opportunity on a single parent to throw up that night. I slept with him to keep a close eye on him and we were up another two times that night. A very sleepy mommy was woken up by a very noisy Aubree Sunday morning and it was time to face another day!


Sunday morning was the Graduates Mass at St. Michael's. My brother, Jeffrey, is graduating next Friday (yep! That means another trip to Cuero!). I can't believe my little brother is graduating high school!
We headed to Victoria to celebrate my siblings with lunch at Johnny Carino's. Yumm! Brock enjoyed playing with his spaghetti more than he enjoyed his TWO bites. (I seriously need to follow this kid's diet!)
Last, but certainly not least, Meredith was Confirmed into the Catholic Church Sunday evening. She had chosen me to be her sponsor, and I'm so honored to be part of this very important journey for her. It was time to reflect on what it means to be a part of our Church. I thought back to my Confirmation day and other's whom I've shared along the way. I send special prayers up for my Aunt Jayme who was my confirmation sponsor and to my sister-in-law Jenna, who I was also sponsor for a few years back.At 7:15pm at the tail end of a very busy weekend, we headed back to San Antonio. We were quite the tired family this morning, but blessed to have so much family to celebrate with!


No comments: