Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Single Working Mom - Day 1

Tom left for Houston today. He's meeting his brother and thier long-time friend at the coast for some fishing. I'm single-working-mom-ing it for the remainder of the week, and here is my story! (And for full disclosure, I must confess Tom set me up pretty good! He completely cleaned the house, did the laundry and helped make this week as easy on me as possible!)



Woke Up.
Get Ready: Tom, Lori, Brock, Aubree
Get "Stuff" ready: Wednesday Lunch for Brock (which le LOVES!); swim lesson stuff; bottles; Tom's luggage; dog let out.
Dropped off: kids at school; Tom at airport; me at work
Work, work, work, spot bonus (YAY!), work, work, Phone Call from DAYCARE! Of course! Murphy's Law, right? Husband leaves town; kids get sick.
Aubree is extremely fussy & tugging on her ears so we go to the Doctor at 3. Diagnosis: Healthy Baby! Great news for Aubree. Not so great news for Mommy! I don't get any miracle drugs to cure fussiness!

We pick up Brock and head home in the 105 degree heat! Good grief! It may not have been that hot, but that's what my car said...and that's what it felt like!



Get Home, feed the kids, feed me, start a small load of laundry needed for packing.
Bath time; Bottle time; Book time; Bed time!
Now, it's time for a blog, dishes, shower and bed for this momma! Wish me luck on day 2!

As a sidenote: besides being fussy, Miss Aubree has a new talent! She has learned how to clap! I don't have a great video just yet, but this one gets the point across! She thinks she's pretty hot stuff when she does clap! It's pretty funny. She was hamming it up for the Doctor today. I'm sure he really believed me that she had been acting "sick". I'm proud of her...but I REALLY don't want her to grow up any more!


1 comment:

Sara said...

Could they be any cuter???

FYI, the official recorded (and record) high today was 104. Yessssss. The "felt like" temperature was 110.

Is it fall yet? :)