Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our Little Champ

After a wild and crazy first season of YMCA soccer, we celebrated with a party for the kids last Thursday. As team mom, I had my own duties as well. I must confess I stressed out a little. Too much to do...too much at work...too much at home. At times, I feel I should stop taking on so many things, but it's the things for my kids that I enjoy the most!


Brock was thrilled to receive both a medal and trophy! Tom and I both had an overwhelming feeling of awe as we watched him and his teammates. Our little boy has his first trophy! I'm sure it's only the beginning, but it was another big step in our journey of parenthood.










The kids had a great time in the pool. I didn't intend on putting Aubree in the pool that evening, so I didn't bring her swimsuit. However, she had other plans! She did NOT think it was fair to watch all those big kids have fun in the water while she sat on the side eating fruit puffs!

Coming completely unprepared, we let her play around in the beach entrance and boy did she love it! At 9 1/2 months, she naturally has NO FEAR! Tom had to literally reel in at times.

And for a total "had-to-be-there" note: You should have SEEN the expression on Brock's face when he noticed that we put his shirt on his sister after her swimming experience. It was one of total horror! How dare us???


It was a great end, to a great season! We are so proud of Brock and we are also very thankful for our three wonderful coaches who volunteered their time and talents this season to help our kids grow in mind, body and spirit! GO SHOOTING STARS!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Um, HELLO Ms. Budding Photographer! :) That first one of Brock with his trophy is great!!! By the way, what camera did you get???

I love that Aubree is just a little fish already - if only I could get my second child to be fond of the water! I'm sure it will come someday... :)